Knick

Default Bryant furance inducer problem

Hi guys

I have a bryant 350mav036060 ser # 1997AO1197

We bought the house about 6 mths ago, this winter the furnace stared
getting noisy. I looked at it and noticed the inducer motor had a
vibration to it and the air filter was inside the unit and a pain to
get at, and didnt even cover the hole it laid up against. So we called
a repairman and he said he would workup a cost to move the air filter
into the duct work. he also said they had problems with the inducer
wheels warping. have not heard back from the repair man so the other
night I thought I would look at this myself. Pulled the inducer off and
saw a plastic wheel didnt see anything wrong so put it back togeather.
Did a little searching into finding out if there was a problem or not
with theses wheels. 24 hours later noheat, flashing a code 13
I find that when I reset the furnace (turn off power supply and turn
back on) and the thermostat calls for heat, the pressure switch on the
outside of the inducer is not working. I can see the plunger that sucks
in, is not moving, then in the process of playing with it, it pulls in
and the furance works. Next morning same thing no heat I look and
plunger isnt going in, so I tap the switch a little and it works.

vent is 2" seems to be open with no sags or dips. not sure if 2" is big
enough
I can hear what sound like water in the inducer but when I took it
apart no water ran out. (was wet)
have not check hoses to switch for blockage
pulled drain tube off inducer and no water came out

I would like to check this switch and see it its seeing the correct
pressure on it, but not sure what it should be or how to properly check
it.

thanks for any tips or advice

Thank you

Knick

Dave in Lake Villa

'vent is 2" seems to be open with no sags or dips. not sure if 2" is big
enough'

Your flue pipe (vent) is bigger than 2 " ; measure it and ill bet its
3" or larger.

'I can hear what sound like water in the inducer but when I took it
apart no water ran out. (was wet)
have not check hoses to switch for blockage pulled drain tube off
inducer and no water came out'

The bearings on the inducer motor might be worn and making a noise which
sounds like water swishing around ; these inducer motors see alot of
heat...especially on 80% gas furnaces.

'I would like to check this switch and see it its seeing the correct
pressure on it, but not sure what it should be or how to properly check
it.'

Youll need a Magnehilic Gauge or a Manometer -- these things arent
readily available to the general public ; HVAC tradesmen have them on
the truck for diagnosing. The PRessure switch may not have the pressure
rating stamped on it...in which case, the parts page might
otherwise....the Serviceman would have to call the Bryant Wholesaler to
find it out. Armed with this info, the Serviceman would use his
instrument to see how much vaccuum the Inducer fan is pulling which
would determine if the switch is ok , defective, or..if the Inducer is
not developing enough vaccuum for some reason. I think youve gone as
far as you can without calling for Service. Good luck.

Bubba

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:15:09 -0600, (Dave in
Lake Villa) wrote:

[...]

Or the serviceman would have enough sense how to fix the problem
quickly and correctly unlike you Davey the hack. You'd be screwing
with this problem for days and still not figure it out. You are a
discrace Davey Hack Boy. You couldnt fix a wet dream.
Met with any little boys lately, Davey?
Bubba
m Ransley

Hows that again dave, you say your corvette goes Rumpity rump,
rumpity rump, Rumpity rump.

U will be assimilated

Hack alert!!!
Dave's running off at the mouth, but his brain's in neutral and his
clutch is slipping

Knick

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
'vent is 2" seems to be open with no sags or dips. not sure if 2" is

big
enough'

Your flue pipe (vent) is bigger than 2 " ; measure it and ill bet

its
3" or larger.

No its 2" pvc says right on it

'I can hear what sound like water in the inducer but when I took it
apart no water ran out. (was wet)
have not check hoses to switch for blockage pulled drain tube off
inducer and no water came out'

The bearings on the inducer motor might be worn and making a noise

which
sounds like water swishing around ; these inducer motors see alot of
heat...especially on 80% gas furnaces.

I can spin the motor and bearings feel fine

[...]

Thanks
I think my next step will be: remove the inlet vent off the furnace and
try reseting it and if no help try the outlet, that will atleast tell
me if there is a problem with venting.

Thanks for you help

Knick

Thanks for your time