Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Overflows

Hi!

I have an old Speed Queen washing machine. It still works fine, but
my problem with it is that recently, if the water level is set to the
highest on the dial, the washer overflows. This happens when the
machine is filling up before anything else.

I took it apart yesterday and made sure that the tubing to the
pressure switch was fine, which it was. I then removed the tubing,
used an ohm meter to check the switch. The switch is fine, so I put
everything back together.

I was wondering if anybody has an idea of what to look at next.
Thanks in advanced for any help!!

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi!

I have an old Speed Queen washing machine. It still works fine, but
my problem with it is that recently, if the water level is set to the
highest on the dial, the washer overflows. This happens when the
machine is filling up before anything else.

I took it apart yesterday and made sure that the tubing to the
pressure switch was fine, which it was. I then removed the tubing,
used an ohm meter to check the switch. The switch is fine, so I put
everything back together.

I was wondering if anybody has an idea of what to look at next.
Thanks in advanced for any help!!

Mike

I'm not sure what a pressure switch would do, since water level would most
likely be measured via a float. This is a guess based only on reading that a
float of some sort is the way dishwashers know when enough water's been
allowed in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
[...]

Please do a little research before opening your mouth on things you don't
have any idea about.

Most washing machines do have pressure switches that control when the water
stops. As the water rises up in a tube it compresses the air in it and that
activates a pressure switch that stops the incomming water.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...waterlevel.php

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

I said it was a guess, which you pretended not to notice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote in message
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

Please do a little research before opening your mouth on things you

don't
have any idea about.

Most washing machines do have pressure switches that control when

the
water stops. As the water rises up in a tube it compresses the air

in it
and that activates a pressure switch that stops the incomming

water.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...waterlevel.php

I said it was a guess, which you pretended not to notice.

Some people are just born rude. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for the responses...but does anybody else have any other
ideas? :-)

I ran through that pressure switch test with my ohm meter yesterday
and it passed.

Thanks,
Mike

On Sep 16, 11:43 am, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote in message
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
Please do a little research before opening your mouth on things you

don't
have any idea about.

Most washing machines do have pressure switches that control when

the
water stops. As the water rises up in a tube it compresses the air

in it
and that activates a pressure switch that stops the incomming

water.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...waterlevel.php

I said it was a guess, which you pretended not to notice.

Some people are just born rude. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
FMB FMB is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for the responses...but does anybody else have any other
ideas? :-)

I ran through that pressure switch test with my ohm meter yesterday
and it passed.

Thanks,
Mike

Did you check the tube for leakage either at the connection to the ps or
damage to the tube itself?

FMB
(North Mexico)