Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry[_2_] Larry[_2_] is offline

Default Washing Machine Overflows

wrote:
: Hi!
:
: I have an old Speed Queen washing machine. It still works fine, but
: my problem with it is that recently, if the water level is set to the
: highest on the dial, the washer overflows. This happens when the
: machine is filling up before anything else.
:
: I took it apart yesterday and made sure that the tubing to the
: pressure switch was fine, which it was. I then removed the tubing,
: used an ohm meter to check the switch. The switch is fine, so I put
: everything back together.
:
: I was wondering if anybody has an idea of what to look at next.
: Thanks in advanced for any help!!
:
: Mike

Mike

Try cutting off the last 1/4 inch of pressure hose at the switch and
reconnecting it. The new end will fit snugger and eliminate the chance
there was a leak there. If it still overflows, most pressure switches
have an adjusting screw you can tweak to change the water level.

Larry