Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it okay to use Cutler Hammer breaker in Siemens panel?

An electrician just replaced my circuit breaker panel with Siemens
panel. Most of the circuit breakers he used are Siemens. But two of
them are cutler hammer. Is it okay?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 10, 10:30 am, wrote:
An electrician just replaced my circuit breaker panel with Siemens
panel. Most of the circuit breakers he used are Siemens. But two of
them are cutler hammer. Is it okay?

Thanks,

A lot of breakers are interchangable. Yes its fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:30 am, wrote:
An electrician just replaced my circuit breaker panel with Siemens
panel. Most of the circuit breakers he used are Siemens. But two of
them are cutler hammer. Is it okay?

Thanks,

A lot of breakers are interchangable. Yes its fine.

Actually, using other than the original manufacturer's breakers voids
the UL approvals and the manufacturer's warranty.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mikepier wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:30 am, wrote:
An electrician just replaced my circuit breaker panel with Siemens
panel. Most of the circuit breakers he used are Siemens. But two of
them are cutler hammer. Is it okay?

Thanks,

A lot of breakers are interchangable. Yes its fine.

Assuming the breakers used _are_ listed for use in the subject panel,
that is.

That they may fit doesn't necessarily mean they've been qualified for
the application. OP can determine whether the particular breaker is
listed or not for the application by looking up the data sheet for them
(or the simple expedient would have been to ask). W/O specific models,
can't answer the question specifically.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/11/2007 10:59 AM Inspector D said the following:
Mikepier wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:30 am, wrote:
An electrician just replaced my circuit breaker panel with Siemens
panel. Most of the circuit breakers he used are Siemens. But two of
them are cutler hammer. Is it okay?

Thanks,

A lot of breakers are interchangable. Yes its fine.

Actually, using other than the original manufacturer's breakers voids
the UL approvals and the manufacturer's warranty.

What is the warranty on a breaker panel?
What if the user replaces a UL approved manufacturer's breaker with
another manufacturer's UL breaker?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY