Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Conduit through concrete stem wall

I am adding an attached garage to my house. Currently the wiring for
a hot tub and a GFCI outlet runs in EMT conduit to the edge of the
house and transistions to sch 40 PVC conduit where it enters the
ground. The slab for the new garage has a 4 1/2" stem wall and I want
to place the conduit through this wall. I plan to use Sch 40 PVC
conduit through the stem wall. Is that acceptable? Does it meet NEC
code?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 12:39 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article om, wrote:
I am adding an attached garage to my house. Currently the wiring for
a hot tub and a GFCI outlet runs in EMT conduit to the edge of the
house and transistions to sch 40 PVC conduit where it enters the
ground. The slab for the new garage has a 4 1/2" stem wall and I want
to place the conduit through this wall. I plan to use Sch 40 PVC
conduit through the stem wall. Is that acceptable? Does it meet NEC
code?

Yep, that's fine.

--
Regards,

Thanks Doug Miller.

Garage concrete stem wall / sill question....? spalling? jJim McLaughlin Home Repair 4 June 5th 07 05:45 PM
How do I fix a broken electrical conduit that is attached to a concrete slab? miamicuse Home Repair 16 April 10th 07 10:02 PM
Old Work electrical box in concrete wall northeast101 Home Repair 2 September 6th 06 04:25 PM
Painting PVC Electrical Conduit: Possible ? Robert11 Home Repair 10 May 14th 05 01:23 AM
Electrical conduit. PVR Home Repair 8 January 12th 05 01:02 AM