Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 28, 7:45 am, franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

These are good:

http://store.cyberweld.com/exselito.html

Don't know how much you wanted to spend.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 28, 7:45 am, franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

If you know a pro plumber, ask him. If not, have a look at the
products he would buy at any commercial plumbing supply house. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Turner Turbo" run you about 60 -70 bucks , worth every penny

franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become2confused

with varieties available.neIs one brand and model better than another?
Looking forlsqueeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane
andjMAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.18Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

uk website , but youll get the idea

http://www.speedplumb.co.uk/turbo-to...504-p-137.html

franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thermadyne
http://www.thermadyne.com/newsNewProductDetail.asp?div=tt&id=266

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"franz frippl" wrote in message
et...
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have
become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both
propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:14:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon \(on backup computer\)
wrote:

Home Depot has a Bernzomatic one for about $40 that comes with a tank of
Mapp. The flame isn't adjustable. Full size flame all thet ime. The
adjustable one I got from my parts house is about $20 more. I've used it
for years, and very pleased.

http://www.farm-home.com/cgi-bin/miv...STRIB2662-5863

http://doitbest.com/Main.aspx?PageID=64&SKU=385816

Perfect. Thanks for recommendation and encouragement. I've seen
Bernzomatic in local stores but was uncertain. Had looked at Rothenberger
which unfortunately is out of my price range.

Propane torch? clifto Home Repair 16 March 21st 07 07:31 AM
Blow torch, propane torch mm Home Repair 39 March 31st 06 02:15 AM
"good" propane/mapp torch [email protected] Metalworking 8 January 11th 06 12:14 AM
Propane / air brazing torch John Hewitt UK diy 7 September 2nd 04 03:08 PM
Torch/gas compatibility: Oxy-Acetylene/Mapp/Propylene/.... David Malicky Metalworking 12 July 16th 04 07:10 PM