DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/212531-propane-mapp-torch-recommendation-please.html)

franz frippl August 28th 07 01:45 PM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

Big_Jake August 28th 07 02:28 PM

On Aug 28, 7:45 am, franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

These are good:

http://store.cyberweld.com/exselito.html

Don't know how much you wanted to spend.

JK

Joe August 28th 07 05:55 PM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

On Aug 28, 7:45 am, franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become
confused with varieties available.

Is one brand and model better than another? Looking for
squeeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane and
MAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.

Thanks.

If you know a pro plumber, ask him. If not, have a look at the
products he would buy at any commercial plumbing supply house. HTH

Joe

The Freon Cowboy August 28th 07 09:24 PM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

"Turner Turbo" run you about 60 -70 bucks , worth every penny

franz frippl wrote:
Need to replace old, leaky, flint/steel ignite torch but have become2confused

with varieties available.neIs one brand and model better than another?
Looking forlsqueeze-the-trigger-and-she-turns-on torch capable of both propane
andjMAPP. Want something durable as well as comfortable to use.18Thanks.

The Freon Cowboy August 28th 07 10:52 PM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

uk website , but youll get the idea

http://www.speedplumb.co.uk/turbo-to...504-p-137.html

DanG August 29th 07 12:28 AM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

Thermadyne
http://www.thermadyne.com/newsNewProductDetail.asp?div=tt&id=266

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

et...

franz frippl August 29th 07 02:50 PM

Propane/MAPP torch recommendation, please

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:14:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon \(on backup computer\)
wrote:

Home Depot has a Bernzomatic one for about $40 that comes with a tank of
Mapp. The flame isn't adjustable. Full size flame all thet ime. The
adjustable one I got from my parts house is about $20 more. I've used it
for years, and very pleased.

http://www.farm-home.com/cgi-bin/miv...STRIB2662-5863

http://doitbest.com/Main.aspx?PageID=64&SKU=385816

Perfect. Thanks for recommendation and encouragement. I've seen
Bernzomatic in local stores but was uncertain. Had looked at Rothenberger
which unfortunately is out of my price range.