Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heat pump time delay board

My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:49:12 -0700, wf3h wrote:

My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

You cheap ****. You found the board on the net so it must be the right
board. ****ing idiot. I hate running servicer calls to homes of cheap
ass *******s like you. I hope your **** blows up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 7:00 pm, TXVALVE wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:49:12 -0700, wf3h wrote:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

You cheap ****. You found the board on the net so it must be the right
board. ****ing idiot. I hate running servicer calls to homes of cheap
ass *******s like you. I hope your **** blows up.

well, that's a reasoned response.

is there any reason i SHOULD pay $300 for a $30 board? you're one
reason the japanese are kicking our ass.

hope you enjoy your job. you're not gonna have it for long

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 6:18 pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:

My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

good question....let me check it and see what we have

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/26/2007 6:49 PM wf3h said the following:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

The site says that the ICM318 board replaces the CPKJ30-1A, CPKJ30-1AB,
CPKJ36-1, and CPKJ36-1A boards. If it does replace the OEM board and is
installed correctly, it should work. What else do you need to know?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 7:55 pm, willshak wrote:
on 8/26/2007 6:49 PM wf3h said the following: My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

The site says that the ICM318 board replaces the CPKJ30-1A, CPKJ30-1AB,
CPKJ36-1, and CPKJ36-1A boards. If it does replace the OEM board and is
installed correctly, it should work. What else do you need to know?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Hi Bill

I didn't check the CPKJ board closely but don't remember DIP switches.
It looks like the replacement has switches, so not sure what needs to
be set up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

JK

The model number is listed above.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"wf3h" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Ever stop to realize that there are other cost that are factored into the
$300?

I guess it cost him nothing to have the board on the truck or take the time
to run and get one.
Or the time it takes to install and make sure the board operates as its
supposed too.
Then there's the matter of warranty.
The list is long...

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"wf3h" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I'm sure the tech knew... is that worth something?
Guess not...

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/26/2007 9:31 PM wf3h said the following:
[...]

Check it closely then. Set the DIPs the same as the OEM.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 8:37 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"wf3h" wrote in message

oups.com...

You cheap ****. You found the board on the net so it must be the right
board. ****ing idiot. I hate running servicer calls to homes of cheap
ass *******s like you. I hope your **** blows up.

well, that's a reasoned response.

is there any reason i SHOULD pay $300 for a $30 board? you're one
reason the japanese are kicking our ass.

hope you enjoy your job. you're not gonna have it for long

Ever stop to realize that there are other cost that are factored into the
$300?

I guess it cost him nothing to have the board on the truck or take the time
to run and get one.

uh...he didn't have one. he said he'd have to order it. AND i paid
$100 for the service call and the A/C system still isn't operating

Or the time it takes to install and make sure the board operates as its
supposed too.

?? have you ever installed a PC board? it takes about 5 minutes.

Then there's the matter of warranty.

the last PC board i had installed was part of the septic system. it
had a 90 day warranty. BFD.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Both model numbers CPKJ301AB and ICM312 are models
of Heat pump defrost control timer's not the model numbers
of outdoor units. You should go back to stealing hubcaps
and start remedial english lessons

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

JK

The model number is listed above.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"wf3h" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 26, 8:37 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"wf3h" wrote in message

oups.com...

You cheap ****. You found the board on the net so it must be the

right
board. ****ing idiot. I hate running servicer calls to homes of

cheap
ass *******s like you. I hope your **** blows up.

well, that's a reasoned response.

is there any reason i SHOULD pay $300 for a $30 board? you're one
reason the japanese are kicking our ass.

hope you enjoy your job. you're not gonna have it for long

Ever stop to realize that there are other cost that are factored into

the
$300?

I guess it cost him nothing to have the board on the truck or take the

time
to run and get one.

uh...he didn't have one. he said he'd have to order it. AND i paid
$100 for the service call and the A/C system still isn't operating

Clueless, the 300 was for the part, taxes, shipping, second trip,
installation, checking operation for proper function, etc.

Or the time it takes to install and make sure the board operates as its
supposed too.

?? have you ever installed a PC board? it takes about 5 minutes.

Takes longer than that to properly test its operation.

Then there's the matter of warranty.

the last PC board i had installed was part of the septic system. it
had a 90 day warranty. BFD.

That doesn't cover the trip, diagnosis or installation charges.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Telstra" wrote in message
Both model numbers CPKJ301AB and ICM312 are models
of Heat pump defrost control timer's not the model numbers
of outdoor units. You should go back to stealing hubcaps
and start remedial english lessons

Hey Dip****,

The CPKJ30-1A is a 2 1/2 ton, Goodman Heat Pump.

I suggest you have your facts straight, before you go posting crap!

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:
My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

JK

The model number is listed above.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 5:49 pm, wf3h wrote:

My A/C unit quit and the technician says it's the time delay board on
the outside unit. He wants $300 for the board. He gave me the board
number as CPKJ30-1AB and I found a replacement on the net for $30 at:

http://climatedoctors.zoovy.com/product/ICM312

question is, of course, is this the board, and does anyone know if
replacing the board on the unit with this board will work?

Thanks All!

Well, it is really hard to see from here!

Since you didn't give the model of your outdoor unit, how can anyone
tell you if the replacement will work?

JK

it's a good man heat pump...not sure about the model...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 11:01 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

The CPKJ30-1A is a 2 1/2 ton, Goodman Heat Pump.

I suggest you have your facts straight, before you go posting crap!

thanks for the info. and i love you, too

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default heat pump time delay board and installation instructions

"Telstra" wrote in message
Ignore this ****WIT the defrost control board can be installed
by almost anyone Please see enclosed installation instructions

You're the one that didn't know the equipment model, yet I'm the ****-wit?

Yeah, Ok, Whatever...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 9:58 pm, "Telstra" wrote:
Both model numbers CPKJ301AB and ICM312 are models
of Heat pump defrost control timer's not the model numbers
of outdoor units. You should go back to stealing hubcaps
and start remedial english lessons

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

and you took time to post this because your daughter was out of the
house walking the streets and you're waiting for your turn?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 27, 9:24 am, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Telstra" wrote in message

Ignore this ****WIT the defrost control board can be installed
by almost anyone Please see enclosed installation instructions

You're the one that didn't know the equipment model, yet I'm the ****-wit?

Yeah, Ok, Whatever...

uh, yeah you're the ****wit. if i KNEW what i needed to know i
wouldn't have to ask self important sewer dwellers like you....

not that you know more than i do...

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:01:12 -0500, kjpro wrote:

"Telstra" wrote in message
Both model numbers CPKJ301AB and ICM312 are models
of Heat pump defrost control timer's not the model numbers
of outdoor units. You should go back to stealing hubcaps
and start remedial english lessons

Hey Dip****,

The CPKJ30-1A is a 2 1/2 ton, Goodman Heat Pump.

I suggest you have your facts straight, before you go posting crap!

Oh LOOK! You've found some others to belittle and argue with.

Imagine that!

Oh looky, here's my little pet...

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

ups.com...
"Telstra" wrote in message

Ignore this ****WIT the defrost control board can be installed
by almost anyone Please see enclosed installation instructions

You're the one that didn't know the equipment model, yet I'm the

****-wit?

Yeah, Ok, Whatever...

uh, yeah you're the ****wit. if i KNEW what i needed to know i
wouldn't have to ask self important sewer dwellers like you....

not that you know more than i do...

I was replying to Telstra, not you...

Heat pump defrost control board and thermostat reversing valve voltage level [email protected] Home Repair 18 May 2nd 06 07:25 AM
Long time delay M.Joshi Electronics Repair 13 September 29th 05 04:51 PM
Time Delay Relay Chris W Electronics 2 March 1st 05 09:06 PM
time off delay Relay Electronics 2 November 25th 03 04:25 AM