Posted to alt.home.repair

Default looking for supplier of satin chrome screws

Can anyone recommend a supplier for satin chrome screws? I am
finishing a closet that has a door with satin chrome hinges and a
stain chrome door handle (what schlage calls the 626 finish). I need
to screw a few things to the wall and would like to use 3" screws and
finish washers that match the satin chrome already in the closet. I
have not had any luck with local hardware stores.

Thanks,

mh

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recommend a supplier for satin chrome screws? I am
finishing a closet that has a door with satin chrome hinges and a
stain chrome door handle (what schlage calls the 626 finish). I need
to screw a few things to the wall and would like to use 3" screws and
finish washers that match the satin chrome already in the closet. I
have not had any luck with local hardware stores.

Thanks,

I'd check some specialty places, two of the best being:
www.leevalley.com
www.mcfeelys.com

Could that satin chrome be stainless steel?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

On Aug 21, 7:01 pm, Mike wrote:
Can anyone recommend a supplier for satin chrome screws? I am
finishing a closet that has a door with satin chrome hinges and a
stain chrome door handle (what schlage calls the 626 finish). I need
to screw a few things to the wall and would like to use 3" screws and
finish washers that match the satin chrome already in the closet. I
have not had any luck with local hardware stores.

Thanks,

mh

Or you could turn some shiny chrome or stainless screws into satin
with a little steel wool or fine sandpaper.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 22, 11:57 am, Ken wrote:

snip

Or you could turn some shiny chrome or stainless screws into satin
with a little steel wool or fine sandpaper.

Ken

Better yet, have an automotive machine shop give the screws a quick
trip in their glass bead blaster. It will take them about two minutes
and the result is exactly what you are looking for. Also ask around if
any of your friends know someone who does auto restorations. Many of
these folks also have glass bead blasting cabinets, as do people who
do glass pattern art. HTH

Joe