Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

Default Drywall Installation Expectations

Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/14/2007 1:53 PM H said the following:
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

Prices are usually set by square feet. A 4x8 board is 32 sq ft. Check
around your area for prices. Every rocker may have a different price.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"H" wrote in message
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

One sheet? $156.45 Two sheets, $115.67 each. You want it mudded?

Posted to alt.home.repair
BZ BZ is offline

H wrote:

Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

I just had an 11 x 19 room completely drywalled in Texas. It was bare
studs when they came in, and completely finished and textured when they
left. They did all four walls plus the ceiling. There were windows in
all four walls, plus the door, plus electrical outlets in every wall,
and an attic entry in the ceiling. Just under 700 square feet total.
Total cost $1575.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Your question cannot be answered.

Am I coming to hang 2 sheets or 200?
Am I hanging your rock or am I providing it?
Am I hanging 8' rock or 16'?
Is this 1/2" or 5/8 firecode?
Am I financing the purchase and what is the cash flow?
Is it stocked or am I carrying up or down stairs?
Wood or metal?
Insulation?
Is it all 8' work?
Cathedral ceilings? Stairwells?
New construction on open studs? Whose framing?
Burnout or remodel?
Am I taping or does someone else have to deal with it?

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"H" wrote in message
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 9:29 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Your question cannot be answered.

Am I coming to hang 2 sheets or 200?
Am I hanging your rock or am I providing it?
Am I hanging 8' rock or 16'?
Is this 1/2" or 5/8 firecode?
Am I financing the purchase and what is the cash flow?
Is it stocked or am I carrying up or down stairs?
Wood or metal?
Insulation?
Is it all 8' work?
Cathedral ceilings? Stairwells?
New construction on open studs? Whose framing?
Burnout or remodel?
Am I taping or does someone else have to deal with it?

What an inquisitive guy! Can't you just guess at all the answers and
provide a number he can rely on?

Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

32 sheets, taping and mud, all 4x8, no ceilings (just walls), no insulation,
1/2", down a flight of stairs, open studs (replacing paneling)

Is that enough?

"H" wrote in message
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

H wrote:

32 sheets, taping and mud, all 4x8, no ceilings (just walls), no insulation,
1/2", down a flight of stairs, open studs (replacing paneling)

What ever you do, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put in insulation when you put up
drywall, even if it's interior wall (for noise reduction).

You will not believe how much trouble I need to go through to insulate
my exterior walls. Just do it. Even if it's the garage wall.

Raymond