DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drywall Installation Expectations (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/210897-drywall-installation-expectations.html)

H August 14th 07 06:53 PM

Drywall Installation Expectations

Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

willshak August 14th 07 08:04 PM

on 8/14/2007 1:53 PM H said the following:
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

Prices are usually set by square feet. A 4x8 board is 32 sq ft. Check
around your area for prices. Every rocker may have a different price.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Edwin Pawlowski August 15th 07 03:42 AM

"H" wrote in message
Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

Thanks.

One sheet? $156.45 Two sheets, $115.67 each. You want it mudded?

BZ August 15th 07 05:02 AM

H wrote:

Can someone tell me a reasonable price per 4x8 sheet for drywall
installation in Northern Virginia?

I just had an 11 x 19 room completely drywalled in Texas. It was bare
studs when they came in, and completely finished and textured when they
left. They did all four walls plus the ceiling. There were windows in
all four walls, plus the door, plus electrical outlets in every wall,
and an attic entry in the ceiling. Just under 700 square feet total.
Total cost $1575.

DanG August 17th 07 02:29 AM

Drywall Installation Expectations

Your question cannot be answered.

Am I coming to hang 2 sheets or 200?
Am I hanging your rock or am I providing it?
Am I hanging 8' rock or 16'?
Is this 1/2" or 5/8 firecode?
Am I financing the purchase and what is the cash flow?
Is it stocked or am I carrying up or down stairs?
Wood or metal?
Insulation?
Is it all 8' work?
Cathedral ceilings? Stairwells?
New construction on open studs? Whose framing?
Burnout or remodel?
Am I taping or does someone else have to deal with it?

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

RicodJour August 17th 07 03:45 AM

On Aug 16, 9:29 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Your question cannot be answered.

Am I coming to hang 2 sheets or 200?
Am I hanging your rock or am I providing it?
Am I hanging 8' rock or 16'?
Is this 1/2" or 5/8 firecode?
Am I financing the purchase and what is the cash flow?
Is it stocked or am I carrying up or down stairs?
Wood or metal?
Insulation?
Is it all 8' work?
Cathedral ceilings? Stairwells?
New construction on open studs? Whose framing?
Burnout or remodel?
Am I taping or does someone else have to deal with it?

What an inquisitive guy! Can't you just guess at all the answers and
provide a number he can rely on? ;)

H August 18th 07 08:56 PM

Drywall Installation Expectations

32 sheets, taping and mud, all 4x8, no ceilings (just walls), no insulation,
1/2", down a flight of stairs, open studs (replacing paneling)

Is that enough?

[email protected] August 20th 07 07:37 PM

H wrote:

32 sheets, taping and mud, all 4x8, no ceilings (just walls), no insulation,
1/2", down a flight of stairs, open studs (replacing paneling)

What ever you do, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put in insulation when you put up
drywall, even if it's interior wall (for noise reduction).

You will not believe how much trouble I need to go through to insulate
my exterior walls. Just do it. Even if it's the garage wall.

Raymond