Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I found my good power drill

Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the
same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared.
I thought a repair man had taken it.

It turns out my son used it at Christmas time,
didn't put it back, and my wife put it in a
clutter box in the depths of the back of the
basement. I only found it because I went
looking to see if she might have moved my
missing roll of white duct tape.

My plastic pail opener is still missing.

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:44:49 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

My plastic pail opener is still missing.

Not too late to check with the repair man or is it?
--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the
same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared.
I thought a repair man had taken it.

I once lost my ROYBI cordless drill for a couple of months. I had always
kept it in the same place in the workshop, plugged into the wall to keep it
charged. Turned out I had put it back in its original case on an out-of-way
shelf.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kitep" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the
same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared.
I thought a repair man had taken it.

I once lost my ROYBI cordless drill for a couple of months. I had always
kept it in the same place in the workshop, plugged into the wall to keep
it charged. Turned out I had put it back in its original case on an
out-of-way shelf.

You do realize, keeping it in the plugged-in charger is a good way to make
the battery packs crap out at a young age? Modern battery packs are a lot
better about the memory problem, but it is still best to deep-cycle them.
That is why used laptops usually need a new battery pack- people almost
never use them without a wall cord, and batteries almost never get
deep-cycled.

I have a 30-year-old trash corded drill (with iffy bearings) that I use for
filthy stuff, and a $25 impulse-purchase (from a Lowes clearance table) B&D
cordless that I use for 30-second projects, that I charge once every few
months. The good corded drill, a Makita, I keep clean and in its case, so I
don't lose the accessories.

I needed a real drill for something last year, and chose the Makita because
it was a 'name' brand, but mainly because they seem to be the last brand
that does not style their power tools to look like a kids ray-gun, with all
sorts of meaningless fins and colored or shiny circus stripes. The drill,
and the Makita jig saw I picked up on sale but haven't needed to use yet,
look like what they are- real basic power tools. I finally bought a house a
couple years ago, and am slowly rebuilding the tool library I had as a kid
when I used tools for a living. Now I just need to to build a bench and tool
crib to keep them all in.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

and my wife put it in a
clutter box

Sounds like your wife might be my wifes sister...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the
same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared.
I thought a repair man had taken it.

It turns out my son used it at Christmas time,
didn't put it back, and my wife put it in a
clutter box in the depths of the back of the
basement. I only found it because I went
looking to see if she might have moved my
missing roll of white duct tape.

My plastic pail opener is still missing.

Dick

Well, a while back I lost my electrical pliers. I
looked all over for them. I finally accidentally found
them when I happened to look at the place I am supposed
to keep them, rather than where I used them the last
time.

Bill Gill
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/9/2007 3:01 PM BillGill said the following:
Dick Adams wrote:
Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the
same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared.
I thought a repair man had taken it.

It turns out my son used it at Christmas time,
didn't put it back, and my wife put it in a
clutter box in the depths of the back of the
basement. I only found it because I went looking to see if she might
have moved my
missing roll of white duct tape.

My plastic pail opener is still missing.

Dick

Well, a while back I lost my electrical pliers. I
looked all over for them. I finally accidentally found
them when I happened to look at the place I am supposed
to keep them, rather than where I used them the last
time.

Bill Gill

I lost my primary set of car keys. I looked all over the house. Inside,
outside, over, around, and under everything in the house, and in every
room in the house, including the basement, garage, and both outside
sheds, and both my cars. I had to use the spare set for two months.
One day, by accident, I picked up my laced shoes (I wear moccasins in
the summer) from under the night table and heard them jingling inside
the shoes.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
You do realize, keeping it in the plugged-in charger is a good way to make
the battery packs crap out at a young age? Modern battery packs are a lot
better about the memory problem, but it is still best to deep-cycle them.
That is why used laptops usually need a new battery pack- people almost
never use them without a wall cord, and batteries almost never get
deep-cycled.

No, I didn't realize this. Thanks for the heads-up.

the

Posted to alt.home.repair

I lost my primary set of car keys. I looked all over the house. Inside,
outside, over, around, and under everything in the house, and in every
room in the house, including the basement, garage, and both outside sheds,
and both my cars. I had to use the spare set for two months.
One day, by accident, I picked up my laced shoes (I wear moccasins in the
summer) from under the night table and heard them jingling inside the
shoes.

The CAT put them in there..

Signed: The Dog