Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIRTY CARPET ON STAIR STEPS

I have a light tan carpet on my stairs and it is getting rather dirty.

Any suggestions on how to clean this carpet that would not be too difficult,
dangerous or expensive?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 6, 9:32 pm, "Freckles" wrote:
I have a light tan carpet on my stairs and it is getting rather dirty.

Any suggestions on how to clean this carpet that would not be too difficult,
dangerous or expensive?

call the carpet cleaning guy [maybe on the coupon in your telephone
book], and hire him for an hour at a price you both like in advance.
or use that money wisely instead to tear out and replace the carpet
with the color and padding you really want.

Posted to alt.home.repair

buffalobill wrote:
call the carpet cleaning guy [maybe on the coupon in your telephone
book], and hire him for an hour at a price you both like in advance.
or use that money wisely instead to tear out and replace the carpet
with the color and padding you really want.

A trick that can work, if done soon enough, is to move the carpet up or
down, so the worn dirty part is now on the riser not the tread.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:32:01 -0400, "Freckles"
graced this newsgroup with:

I have a light tan carpet on my stairs and it is getting rather dirty.

Any suggestions on how to clean this carpet that would not be too difficult,
dangerous or expensive?

Use a light solution of liquid laundry detergent and water. Wet and
scrub with a scrub brush. Let dry, vacuum.

Or, if it's really wet, use a shop vac to suck up the excess moisture,
then let air dry.

Stair carpet alternative Trevor Smith UK diy 11 November 3rd 06 04:04 PM
Stair Carpet - Costs, Fitting, FAQ ? . UK diy 2 July 5th 06 06:21 PM
Estimating stair carpet Egremont UK diy 11 December 6th 05 01:33 AM
Stair carpet? Mark S. UK diy 6 January 19th 05 05:41 PM
Measuring stair carpet paul williams UK diy 3 September 24th 03 12:38 PM