Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default Stair Carpet - Costs, Fitting, FAQ ?

some questions regarding stair carpeting:

is there a FAQ for fitting stair carpets anywhere ? (I've tried diyfaq)

which is the best carpet to use ? coir runners or heavy wool mix with underlay ?
anyone any experience with fitting either ?

is it one of those jobs where getting a bloke in is a Very Good Idea ?

what am I looking at cost wise ? £100 - £200 or £200 - £300 ? SHMBO wants
to go carpet viewing/shopping soon and I'd like to be prepared for the shock.

tia

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:57:59 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "." [email protected] wrote:

some questions regarding stair carpeting:

is there a FAQ for fitting stair carpets anywhere ? (I've tried diyfaq)

which is the best carpet to use ? coir runners or heavy wool mix with underlay ?
anyone any experience with fitting either ?

is it one of those jobs where getting a bloke in is a Very Good Idea ?

what am I looking at cost wise ? £100 - £200 or £200 - £300 ? SHMBO wants
to go carpet viewing/shopping soon and I'd like to be prepared for the shock.

tia

No FAQ that I know of, but a previous thread here has very good advice.
The post from "Jet" is almost a FAQ ...

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...32eef64ebb2f81

Some of these might help too ...

http://www.carpetinfo.co.uk/