Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Painting Vinyl siding?

I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did
a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white vinyl
siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that around the
doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend paint for
such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" myplace@home wrote

I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did
a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white
vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that
around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend
paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Krylon makes Fusion paint which is for plastics, etc. I don't know if
that is what you're looking for.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
. ..

"Jim" myplace@home wrote

I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They
did a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white
vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that
around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend
paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Krylon makes Fusion paint which is for plastics, etc. I don't know if
that is what you're looking for.

Can't hurt to try it. You're going to have to take it off to match it with
other stuff if you don't paint it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" myplace@home wrote in message
I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did
a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white
vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that
around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend
paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Any good exterior latex paint. There may be some grade better than others
for that application, so check with your local paint dealer. I painted some
trim with Pittsburgh brand and it has held up for many years now. I
repainted it to change color about three years ago. Still good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/2/2007 8:11 PM Nancy Young said the following:
"Jim" myplace@home wrote

I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did
a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white
vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that
around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend
paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Krylon makes Fusion paint which is for plastics, etc. I don't know if
that is what you're looking for.

nancy

Most spray canned paint companies now make a plastic paint, such as
Rustoleum and Valspar's 'American Tradition'.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Fusion" is wet dog **** compared to Duplicolor "VinylColor" for anything
plastic. There may be more than one mfgr of this kind of stuff, if necc.;
this is not paint, its sold for dying vehicle interiors, and it works well
for plastics, like computer components (the one I use), and probably does
flexible electrical cords with no problem. You can't make a mistake, there
is no running, and the color is even. There is no excuse not to paint
anything plastic, even black. If you're gonna, don't waste your time doing
anything else.

well maybe they changed the name to "Vinyl & Fabric":
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

I'm gonna send an e-mail about the name. I get it in Canada at NAPA. Check
the web, not all products at all chains.

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any type of spray for the rubber coatings on extension cords?

so I thought I'd save save some time

"Jim" myplace@home wrote in message
I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did
a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white
vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that
around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend
paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote...uct=UltraVinyl

different companies, above is what I have used