Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing old toilet tank

Hello Everybody,

It seems the tank on one of my toilets just decided to develop a nice
long crack all the way top to bottom. The toilet is marked with the
"Standard" logo and stamped "Mar 13 1952" under the lid. I would
rather replace just the tank than have to replace the entire toilet.
Can the standard tanks available today be used on an old toilet? If
not, where are repair parts available for the older toilets?

Thanks.
---Hillel