Posted to alt.home.repair
Hillel Hillel is offline

Default Replacing old toilet tank

On Jul 26, 1:56 pm, wrote:
I am also wondering if the crack is in the back (I would also try to
repair it if the crack were in a non visable location). If it's in a
visable location I would try to repair it, then paint it with my paint
gun and that special epoxy paint like for bath tubs. Also, supposedly
you can use a new tank on an old toilet via an adapter plate. Yes, I
also have an old 1950 toilet that I hope I never have to replace.

The crack is right in front. It runs on a slight angle from the top
about
a quarter of the way from the side with the flush lever to the bottom
near
the intake valve. It really was not visible until seeing the water
leaking through it.