Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacing pressure tank

I have been told to replace my existing old style 120 gallon galvanized
pressure tank with a bladder style tank i have to pull my submersible
pump and change something??? is this a true statement??

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

Unless the air inlet valve is inside the casing, you shouldn't have to
pull the pump, but your old pressure tank probably has an air valve
somewhere before the check valve. It should look like a schraeder valve
(at least on mine it does). That'll have to be taken care of so you
don't introduce any air into the new tank. I think. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

"tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
Unless the air inlet valve is inside the casing, you shouldn't have to
pull the pump, but your old pressure tank probably has an air valve
somewhere before the check valve. It should look like a schraeder valve
(at least on mine it does). That'll have to be taken care of so you
don't introduce any air into the new tank. I think. Tom

I didn't have to and that was 15 yrs ago. Talk to a plumer.