Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ice Maker/Water Line Installation

Hi everyone,

I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE.
Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line
hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook
up.

The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1"
diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore
fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can
get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the
copper water line to attach to the new fridge?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE.
Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line
hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook
up.

The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1"
diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore
fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can
get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the
copper water line to attach to the new fridge?

Thanks.

The new frig should have come with the proper fitting.

In that case, you just cut the old fitting off with tubing cutters and
install the new fitting on the copper pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 8:50 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
In that case, you just cut the old fitting off with tubing cutters and
install the new fitting on the copper pipe.

It didn't come with it... I bought it from a sears outlet and it was
previously returned. I guess I'll just contact sears and see what
they can do.

Thanks for the response

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 26, 1:12 am, mm wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:06:12 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 25, 8:50 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
In that case, you just cut the old fitting off with tubing cutters and
install the new fitting on the copper pipe.

It didn't come with it... I bought it from a sears outlet and it was
previously returned. I guess I'll just contact sears and see what
they can do.

Thanks for the response

I don't even lknow what apart you want, but I found Sears didn't stock
that many spare parts anymore. I needed at times a heating element
and a thermostat for one of their Water heaters and they had a spot on
their peg board, but sent me to an appliance parts store.

I think you would do just about as well at a hardware store, including
a big box store, at least if you can tell what you need by looking at
it, after looking at what you have already.

In most cases for appliances like this, you can find online parts
diagrams at either the manufacturer or else online parts stores. That
should show you how the frig connects to the flex pipe and what you
need.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 5:42 pm, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE.
Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line
hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook
up.

The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1"
diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore
fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can
get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the
copper water line to attach to the new fridge?

Thanks.

Can you post (or email) some photos? I'll try to find what you need.

APP forum admin
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 5:42 pm, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE.
Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line
hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook
up.

The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1"
diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore
fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can
get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the
copper water line to attach to the new fridge?

Thanks.

Can you post (or email) a couple of photos? I'm sure I can find what
you need.

APP forum admin
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"APP Forum Admin" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 25, 5:42 pm, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE.
Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line
hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook
up.

The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1"
diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore
fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can
get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the
copper water line to attach to the new fridge?

Thanks.

Can you post (or email) a couple of photos? I'm sure I can find what
you need.

APP forum admin
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Business that slow, where you have to spam to try and get orders?