Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default GE Ice Maker -- Water Won't Stop

I've had an ice maker in my freezer for awhile but I never bothered
running water to it. Recently, with summer around the corner, I
decided to run water to it and get it howling. I ran water via the
instructions, but when I turn on the water, the ice maker fails to
stop the flow of water when it's full and the water keeps coming out,
pouring onto my frozen goodies below. Anyout have any suggestions
before I called GE on Monday to make a service call? The way I see it,
either some type of sensor is failing to see that my ice maker is
full, or the value on the bottom of the fridge that's supposed to
restrict the flow of water isn't working correctly.