toolman

Default Kenmore elite coldspot ice maker not working no water?

I have a model 52299100 kenmore side by side and the ice maker went.
It stopped making ice just after it was a year old. I was able to test
the valve and by jumping the water dispensing valve from the door
water dispenser to the ice maker and it filled when the swicth was
depressed. It appears to be in the ice maker unit itself, does anyone
have any ideas on where I should go next?
Thanks Toolman
David

Your valve still may be bad. I believe you have 2 solenoids on that valve 1
for water and 1 for the icemaker. What I do when I have a problem is call a
local appliance store that has a service department and also sells parts and
tell them my problem. They can usually tell you what's wrong and sell you
the part. It may be your icemaker, but I doubt it. You said you got it to
fill with water. Did it eject the ice after it froze?

"toolman" wrote in message
om...
I have a model 52299100 kenmore side by side and the ice maker went.
It stopped making ice just after it was a year old. I was able to test
the valve and by jumping the water dispensing valve from the door
water dispenser to the ice maker and it filled when the swicth was
depressed. It appears to be in the ice maker unit itself, does anyone
have any ideas on where I should go next?
Thanks Toolman

toolman

Jeff and others
sorry
The complete model is 106 52299100 and it is a module
whirlpool unit I did a few test and the heater tray is getting 72 ohms
at test points the thermo is showing continuity when cold and goes to
infininty when it starts to warm
The only problem is when I do the motor(controlmod test the readings
are like 8ohms should be 8800ohms do you think it is the control
module?
I tried to fill the tray by jumping the valve and it work but the
cubes never fell or completed the cycle I guess this also narrows it
down to the ice maker itself. This unit has an electric eye in the
door is there a way or a test to see if it is malfuntioning?
Thanks Tony If it is the ice maker module what part number do I need
to order
The model is 106 52299100 whirlpool
Mad Mac

"jeff" wrote in message
om...
This unit has an electric eye in the

door is there a way or a test to see if it is malfuntioning?

Sorry, I do not know.

jeff.

There is a way to test the "eyes", IIRC it's shown on the tech sheet which
is stuck in the plastic grille at the bottom of the uniy (you need to take
the grille off to get to it).

toolman

"To All
The Ice maker works now
Don't know what I did but I took it apart and tested it and all
readings were within limits The water valve worked fine when tested
too.
I took the module off the ice maker remove the control module (motor
Part) and relined the gears. At this point I put it all together and
re-installed it and it works great!
Thanks to all
Now I need help with my Mother in Laws Gas Dryer
I posted a new question to the group
THanks again
Toolman