Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will drywall hold

I'm planning on mounting an oak DVD rack on my wall, 3 studs wide - about
36" assuming 18" centers. This is just guesswork for now so the numbers
aren't that important. Anyway, so I'm going to hang a single shelf 36" oak
DVD rack, assume it will be filled with DVD's. The plan is to mount it
directly to the studs, but that's not something I can necessarily count on
in case I move the rack in the future. So I'm wondering whether or not
drywall will be able to hold that much weight if I use drywall anchors. I
actually don't know how much it will weigh I'm guessing less than 50 lbs.

Well everthing just went on hold Markem Woodworking 19 May 10th 07 03:23 AM
Deck to hold hot tub The Medway Handyman UK diy 4 September 20th 06 01:29 AM
HOLD-DOWN J T Woodworking 1 August 31st 06 12:59 AM
How do you hold YOUR wood... jtpr Woodworking 30 October 6th 04 01:36 AM
how much will this beam hold? Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 1 July 13th 03 01:11 AM