Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Well everthing just went on hold

We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

That's great! Congratulations.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On May 2, 12:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

I suppose renting it out is out of the question? Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2 May 2007 13:07:03 -0700, tom wrote:

On May 2, 12:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

I suppose renting it out is out of the question? Tom

The possibility of being a landlord does not appeal.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car.

Garages are for cars?

Congratulations.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2 May 2007 12:09:29 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

That's great! Congratulations.

Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car.

Garages are for cars?

Congratulations.

Not this one, carports are though.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

That's great! Congratulations.

Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Looks nice, except for all that mowing it'll need. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of
some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion.
Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.

And just think of all the new tools you must have to do proper
maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do
routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a
couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO
understands that!

;^)

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

That's great! Congratulations.

Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Looks nice, except for all that mowing it'll need. Tom

The wife wants a Deere.

Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2 May 2007 23:27:26 -0700, "
wrote:

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of
some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion.
Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.

And just think of all the new tools you must have to do proper
maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do
routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a
couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO
understands that!

I had to promise no new tools for 6 months, but as I have a few......

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

Garages are for cars?

Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:09:35 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

Garages are for cars?

Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Model T might fit or a Mini Cooper?

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:
On 2 May 2007 23:27:26 -0700, "
wrote:

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
[...]

Buy old ones and sprinkle them with sawdust:-)
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Model T might fit or a Mini Cooper?

I got my car inside once, just to see if I could do it, it made it
with about an inch to spare on each side but the garage is too shallow
to close the door again without hitting the rear bumper and at that
point, you're trapped in the garage with your car unless you climb
over the car.

It was originally intended for horses and the like, it even has the
old openings in front of it for heating oil and presumably there's
still a tank underneath somewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Whatever you do ... do NOT fertilize or water! (Weed killers are okay)

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:54:00 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

The wife wants a Deere.

Mark

What I want to know is what you had to give up to get her to mow that
lawn. MY wife would look at that expanse and say "Hmm ... I wonder
what's on Oprah today?"

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:57:03 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:57:02 -0400, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

Markem wrote:

The wife wants a Deere.

Mark

What I want to know is what you had to give up to get her to mow that
lawn. MY wife would look at that expanse and say "Hmm ... I wonder
what's on Oprah today?"

Mowing the lawn yea right, more along the line of "I am not pushing
the wheel barrel up and down the hills". I simpler terms she is a
gardener the yard is hilly. Mowing the lawn I am sure will stay my
responsibility along with getting the trash to the curb, ect ect ect.
But the vegetable and herb gardens are mine.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:53:59 -0400, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

Whatever you do ... do NOT fertilize or water! (Weed killers are okay)

At least it ain't Zoysia. No weed killer, no fertilizer and no water,
save what falls from the sky.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

Mowing the lawn yea right, more along the line of "I am not pushing
the wheel barrel up and down the hills". I simpler terms she is a
gardener the yard is hilly. Mowing the lawn I am sure will stay my
responsibility along with getting the trash to the curb, ect ect ect.
But the vegetable and herb gardens are mine.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

She handles the flower garden?

One pass with a tiller. One pass with a broadcast seeder filled with
wildflower mix. Set an impulse sprinkler head up and it's "back to the
important stuff in the shop".

;-)

Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:23:27 PM

Horozontal hold Vince Electronics Repair 0 January 8th 07 06:08 PM
Axminster Tools 10% of everthing PhilC UK diy 0 December 19th 06 02:56 PM
Prima ...can anyone get a hold of them??? Dani Electronics Repair 1 December 6th 06 08:09 PM
HOLD-DOWN J T Woodworking 1 August 31st 06 12:59 AM
How do you hold YOUR wood... jtpr Woodworking 30 October 6th 04 01:36 AM