Woodworking (rec.woodworking) Discussion forum covering all aspects of working with wood. All levels of expertise are encouraged to particiapte.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,420
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


That's great! Congratulations.

  #3   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 589
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On May 2, 12:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


I suppose renting it out is out of the question? Tom

  #4   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 13:07:03 -0700, tom wrote:

On May 2, 12:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


I suppose renting it out is out of the question? Tom


The possibility of being a landlord does not appeal.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 831
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car.


Garages are for cars?

Congratulations.



  #6   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 12:09:29 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


That's great! Congratulations.


Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car.


Garages are for cars?

Congratulations.


Not this one, carports are though.

Mark
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 589
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On May 2, 5:56 pm, Markem wrote:
On 2 May 2007 12:09:29 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.


Mark


That's great! Congratulations.


Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618


Looks nice, except for all that mowing it'll need. Tom

  #9   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,287
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of
some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion.
Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.

And just think of all the new tools you must have to do proper
maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do
routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a
couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO
understands that!

;^)

Robert

  #10   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 20:46:32 -0700, tom wrote:

On May 2, 5:56 pm, Markem wrote:
On 2 May 2007 12:09:29 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

On May 2, 3:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.


Mark


That's great! Congratulations.


Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618


Looks nice, except for all that mowing it'll need. Tom


The wife wants a Deere.

Mark


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 23:27:26 -0700, "
wrote:

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark


Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of
some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion.
Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.

And just think of all the new tools you must have to do proper
maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do
routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a
couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO
understands that!


I had to promise no new tools for 6 months, but as I have a few......

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
  #12   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 324
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

Garages are for cars?


Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
  #13   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:09:35 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

On 2 May 2007 17:54:33 -0700, RayV wrote:

Garages are for cars?


Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.


Model T might fit or a Mini Cooper?

Mark
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 99
Default Well everthing just went on hold

Markem wrote:
On 2 May 2007 23:27:26 -0700, "
wrote:

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Markem wrote:
We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the
house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the
garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint
sold.

Mark

Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of
some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion.
Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.

And just think of all the new tools you must have to do proper
maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do
routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a
couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO
understands that!


I had to promise no new tools for 6 months, but as I have a few......

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Buy old ones and sprinkle them with sawdust:-)
Joe
  #15   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 324
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On Thu, 03 May 2007 17:15:37 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:09:35 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:
Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding
barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to
get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated
space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as
well.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.


Model T might fit or a Mini Cooper?


I got my car inside once, just to see if I could do it, it made it
with about an inch to spare on each side but the garage is too shallow
to close the door again without hitting the rear bumper and at that
point, you're trapped in the garage with your car unless you climb
over the car.

It was originally intended for horses and the like, it even has the
old openings in front of it for heating oil and presumably there's
still a tank underneath somewhere.


  #16   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 622
Default Well everthing just went on hold

Markem wrote:

Pictures at

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618


Whatever you do ... do NOT fertilize or water! (Weed killers are okay)

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube


---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:54:00 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



  #17   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 622
Default Well everthing just went on hold

Markem wrote:


The wife wants a Deere.

Mark


What I want to know is what you had to give up to get her to mow that
lawn. MY wife would look at that expanse and say "Hmm ... I wonder
what's on Oprah today?"

Bill


--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube


---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:57:03 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



  #18   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:57:02 -0400, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

Markem wrote:


The wife wants a Deere.

Mark


What I want to know is what you had to give up to get her to mow that
lawn. MY wife would look at that expanse and say "Hmm ... I wonder
what's on Oprah today?"


Mowing the lawn yea right, more along the line of "I am not pushing
the wheel barrel up and down the hills". I simpler terms she is a
gardener the yard is hilly. Mowing the lawn I am sure will stay my
responsibility along with getting the trash to the curb, ect ect ect.
But the vegetable and herb gardens are mine.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
  #19   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 347
Default Well everthing just went on hold

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:53:59 -0400, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

Whatever you do ... do NOT fertilize or water! (Weed killers are okay)


At least it ain't Zoysia. No weed killer, no fertilizer and no water,
save what falls from the sky.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
  #20   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 622
Default Well everthing just went on hold

Markem wrote:

Mowing the lawn yea right, more along the line of "I am not pushing
the wheel barrel up and down the hills". I simpler terms she is a
gardener the yard is hilly. Mowing the lawn I am sure will stay my
responsibility along with getting the trash to the curb, ect ect ect.
But the vegetable and herb gardens are mine.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618



She handles the flower garden?

One pass with a tiller. One pass with a broadcast seeder filled with
wildflower mix. Set an impulse sprinkler head up and it's "back to the
important stuff in the shop".

;-)

Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube


---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 10:23:27 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horozontal hold Vince Electronics Repair 0 January 8th 07 06:08 PM
Axminster Tools 10% of everthing PhilC UK diy 0 December 19th 06 02:56 PM
Prima ...can anyone get a hold of them??? Dani Electronics Repair 1 December 6th 06 08:09 PM
HOLD-DOWN J T Woodworking 1 August 31st 06 12:59 AM
How do you hold YOUR wood... jtpr Woodworking 30 October 6th 04 01:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"