Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Will drywall hold

I'm planning on mounting an oak DVD rack on my wall, 3 studs wide - about
36" assuming 18" centers. This is just guesswork for now so the numbers
aren't that important. Anyway, so I'm going to hang a single shelf 36" oak
DVD rack, assume it will be filled with DVD's. The plan is to mount it
directly to the studs, but that's not something I can necessarily count on
in case I move the rack in the future. So I'm wondering whether or not
drywall will be able to hold that much weight if I use drywall anchors. I
actually don't know how much it will weigh I'm guessing less than 50 lbs.