Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Neptune washer 5500 motor contol board replaced...

So I successfully replaced the motor and control board on this Maytag,
and the wife did 2 loads of washing yesterday. All works fine.

Question is, I got this control board and motor from RepairClinic.com,
and I had to remove the old motor, which was only about 4 years old
and looks and runs perfectly. It still looks like it just came out of
the box.

What can I do with the old motor now? Does anyone use these or recycle
them or recore them or something? I hate to throw anything this nice
away! Anyone want it you can have it free + shipping.

DeanB

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 21, 8:58 am, dean wrote:
So I successfully replaced the motor and control board on this Maytag,
and the wife did 2 loads of washing yesterday. All works fine.

Question is, I got this control board and motor from RepairClinic.com,
and I had to remove the old motor, which was only about 4 years old
and looks and runs perfectly. It still looks like it just came out of
the box.

What can I do with the old motor now? snip

Have you asked repairclinic.com whether you can return it? Their
policy on returns in the past has been more than fair. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 21, 11:24 am, Joe wrote:
On Jul 21, 8:58 am, dean wrote:

So I successfully replaced the motor and control board on this Maytag,
and the wife did 2 loads of washing yesterday. All works fine.

Question is, I got this control board and motor from RepairClinic.com,
and I had to remove the old motor, which was only about 4 years old
and looks and runs perfectly. It still looks like it just came out of
the box.

What can I do with the old motor now? snip

Have you asked repairclinic.com whether you can return it? Their
policy on returns in the past has been more than fair. HTH

Joe

Its the original motor I have left over, not the one from repair
clinic.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 21, 7:45 pm, dean wrote:
On Jul 21, 11:24 am, Joe wrote:

On Jul 21, 8:58 am, dean wrote:

So I successfully replaced the motor and control board on this Maytag,
and the wife did 2 loads of washing yesterday. All works fine.

Question is, I got this control board and motor from RepairClinic.com,
and I had to remove the old motor, which was only about 4 years old
and looks and runs perfectly. It still looks like it just came out of
the box.

What can I do with the old motor now? snip

Have you asked repairclinic.com whether you can return it? Their
policy on returns in the past has been more than fair. HTH

Joe

Its the original motor I have left over, not the one from repair
clinic.

If it is a rather $$ part it may be worth your time to swap and
return. Your call. HTH

Joe