Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Neptune Washer

How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking
wet!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions, please?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

First thing to check for is the door lock light. If the door is not locking,
the washer will not spin. This is assuming you have a front loading machine.
If the door is not locking, the problem is likely the motor which locks the
door (the wax motor) has malfunctioned. When this happens, it takes out the
control board. Assuming this has happened, you will need to replace the wax
motor and the control board. Apparently, there have been several of these
types of problems and there is a settlement Maytag has worked out. I don't
know the web site address, but you should be able to pull this info up with
just about any search engine. If you decide to replace the parts yourself,
you are looking at about $212. There are also some sites that tell you how
to replace the resisters on the board, but if you don't know how to saughter
or don't feel comfortable doing this, I would not even atempt it. It is
cheaper, but one screw up and you will have to replace the board anyway.
Hope this helps.

Shane

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking
wet!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions, please?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, Shane. Yes, it's a front loading washer. I didn't notice if the
door light came on, just recycled the load through the spin and they came
out soaking wet. I will look up the info you gave me first thing in the
morning.

Many thanks for your help!

LP

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking
wet!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions, please?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

Its a small world...the little old lady that lives next to me just had
the same exact problem with the same washer. I called maytag for her
and there is no money available any more from the Law Suit and the
price that was mentiond below was I believe the same amount for the
same parts (sounds like this guy did one before) It sucks to know that
it was the manufactures fault and was obviously proven in a court of
law but look at it this way this model is a very excellent machine and
200 and some dollars will probably carry you through the rest of your
lifetime using this machine..goos luck
Lady Pilot wrote:
How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking
wet!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions, please?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's called research. I've never repaired one personally, well take that
back. I did upgrade the drain pump in my washer recently and now the pump is
a bit louder. But hey, what do you expect when you upgrade from a 40 watt
unit to an 80 watt unit (which is the only pump Maytag now has for this
washer)? . Anyway, the reason I know about the door is because I've done
research on the net. My machine is approaching 6 and a half years old and it
hasn't had this problem yet, and hopefully won't. Based on research I've
done, many of the machines that are having problems are between 4 to 7 years
old. As for quality, the Maytags are very good. My parents had one that
lasted 20 years. When it finally went, the bottom was rusted out, it was
leaking, and the drain pump quit working. I don't know if it was true back
then, but you could almost build the neptune washer from scratch, based on
the parts I've seen sold for these things. One final note, you may get some
folks telling you to buy a new washer, don't bother with the Maytag, it's a
lemon, you'll never get it working properly, yada yada yada. I can't speak
for everyone else, but except for some repairs covered by the settlement,
mine was and still is working just fine.

Shane

oups.com...
Lady Pilot wrote:
How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking
wet!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions, please?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks Shane and Italian for your comments.

Another thing I was wondering about was when I got my Maytag Neptune washer,
it came with a small cup like filter. I still have it and don't have a clue
in the world what to do with it. When I washed those blankets the other
day, they had a lot of lint and I thought maybe I could replace this filter,
if I had some clue where to replace it...

Does anyone have any ideas?

LP

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lady Pilot wrote:
How do I replace the mesh cup that comes with washer? I've had it for 6
years and have never done any maintenance on it. I washed a couple of
blankets and now the thing won't spin. The clothes are soaking

Any suggestions, please?

LP

For the life of me I can't guess what part is being referred to by
"mesh cup."

Posted to alt.home.repair

The only cup that I know of that comes with the washer is a siphon cup, the
one that is used for the bleach and softener dispenser. I've never heard of
or seen a mesh cup.

Shane