Junior Member

Smile kitchen cabinet grout clean or?

Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have tried cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of grout off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this or how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could offer.
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kitchen cabinet grout clean or?

thumbs wrote:

Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have tried
cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of grout
off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this or
how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could offer.
Thanks

It is relatively easy to do with a Dremel tool and the special bit just
for grinding out grout. Have to be sure it will fit into your grout
line or it could chip the tile. It has a guide, and you push it along.
I did a shower stall that way, and other than crouching down for too
long it wasn't difficult. I could use a little more muscle for pushing
the new grout in. There are also manual saws, but I have not tried
them. Our grout had holes, but if yours is solid, I wonder if running
sandpaper lightly down the grout line would refresh it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
thumbs

I just did my bathtub with grout whitener. Everyone who looked at it
thought I regrouted or retiled (I cleaned and polished the tile as
well).
It comes in a tube like white shoe polish, the kind with the sponge at
the top. It is tedious, but pretty easy to use. I got it at Lowes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"thumbs" wrote in message

Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have
tried
cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of
grout
off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this
or
how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could
offer.
Thanks

Look up "grout colorant".

Bob

Junior Member

KRW
Could you please tell me where online you find the grout bits. Sounds like that is the way to go rather than buying @ Home Depot.
Thanks
Thumbs

Last edited by thumbs : July 17th 07 at 05:14 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 2:38?pm, Art Todesco wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 14, 11:26?am, thumbs wrote:
Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have tried
cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of grout
off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this or
how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could offer.
Thanks

--
thumbs

I just did my bathtub with grout whitener. Everyone who looked at it
thought I regrouted or retiled (I cleaned and polished the tile as
well).
It comes in a tube like white shoe polish, the kind with the sponge at
the top. It is tedious, but pretty easy to use. I got it at Lowes.

Do you know it this product will work on
the epoxy type grouts. Even
though they are epoxy, they do still
stain. And, what will the grout
whitener do with, say, beige colored
grout? Does it bleach it white?
Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I don't really know if it can be used on epoxy, but I don't see why
not. It doesn't really bleach it, it is almost like painting it. You
put it on, let it sit for at least four hours, then polish the excess
off the tiles. It adheres to the grout line. It may not adhere as
well to epoxy, and the only color I've seen is white. I got it at
Lowes.