Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default kitchen cabinet grout clean or?

On Jul 15, 2:38?pm, Art Todesco wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 14, 11:26?am, thumbs wrote:
Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have tried
cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of grout
off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this or
how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could offer.
Thanks

--
thumbs

I just did my bathtub with grout whitener. Everyone who looked at it
thought I regrouted or retiled (I cleaned and polished the tile as
well).
It comes in a tube like white shoe polish, the kind with the sponge at
the top. It is tedious, but pretty easy to use. I got it at Lowes.

Do you know it this product will work on
the epoxy type grouts. Even
though they are epoxy, they do still
stain. And, what will the grout
whitener do with, say, beige colored
grout? Does it bleach it white?
Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I don't really know if it can be used on epoxy, but I don't see why
not. It doesn't really bleach it, it is almost like painting it. You
put it on, let it sit for at least four hours, then polish the excess
off the tiles. It adheres to the grout line. It may not adhere as
well to epoxy, and the only color I've seen is white. I got it at
Lowes.