Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kohler engines impressive support...

Had a problem with my riding mower yesterday. The mower is a Deere 210
with a 10 HP (real HP, not today's bogus HP) Kohler engine. It's also 32
years old. I looked on the Kohler engines site for any manuals and only
found ones for the much newer engines.

Not expecting much, I sent an email to them from the "contact us" page
on their site, with the info on the engine and inquiring about manuals.
This morning I received an email with links to PDFs of the complete
owner / operator manual, service manual and to the parts department.

Very impressive getting that level of support on a 32 year old product.
I've dealt with a few companies that didn't want to know about 2 year
old products, much less 32 year old ones.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:08:30 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Had a problem with my riding mower yesterday. The mower is a Deere 210
with a 10 HP (real HP, not today's bogus HP) Kohler engine. It's also 32
years old. I looked on the Kohler engines site for any manuals and only
found ones for the much newer engines.

Not expecting much, I sent an email to them from the "contact us" page
on their site, with the info on the engine and inquiring about manuals.
This morning I received an email with links to PDFs of the complete
owner / operator manual, service manual and to the parts department.

Very impressive getting that level of support on a 32 year old product.
I've dealt with a few companies that didn't want to know about 2 year
old products, much less 32 year old ones.

Pete C.

Pete, I've got most of the Kohler manuals on my web site;
http://www.asberry.net/Kohler.htm

I have probably 20 of those Kohlers if you need any parts.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't seem to need any parts yet. When I got back to working on it, I
cleaned and checked the plug and drained the carb bowl and that got it
going. Probably a bit of water in the fuel, not much of a surprise given
all the rain and humidity lately and the mower having been parked under
cover but where it got some sun during the day causing thermal cycling.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Very impressive getting that level of support on a 32 year old product.
I've dealt with a few companies that didn't want to know about 2 year
old products, much less 32 year old ones.

One reason might be that it's a family owned and operated business. The
third generation is now in charge and the CEO is in his 60s.

Buy Briggs and Stratton engines and support the crippling of americans! [email protected] Home Repair 8 April 22nd 07 01:18 PM
Old engines vs new [email protected] Metalworking 20 April 24th 06 10:38 PM
Are 2-cycle engines or 4 cylce engines 'better'? dean Home Repair 21 June 14th 05 02:46 PM
Radiator stripping - impressive result. Jerry Built UK diy 2 January 30th 04 04:55 PM
Steam Engines Ron Thompson Metalworking 0 January 1st 04 04:12 PM