Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2 Cycle engine oil ratio

I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 9, 4:28 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:10:53 -0700, JohnJohn wrote:
I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Synthetic oil is a 100:1 mix and I use it that way in everything of mine
that calls for a 15:1 to 50:1 mix with normal organic oils.

Synthetic is better oil but why change the mix, amsoil wont guarntee
anything and you need the most protection. Your motor will last longer
with synthetic if its sound, a compression test is a good start to
find out. Poor starting could also be a weak spark.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
*Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
*cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to
*start
*and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
*engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
*gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
*Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
*for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be
*mixed
*in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the
*manufacturer's
*recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Who reads or follows any of this stuff. I dont. Only women follow
instructions and measure things when they cook. Us men just dump it
in and use it. This means that YOU must either be a woman or gay.

Just take a jug of gas and dump in 3 or 4 bottles of that special
stuff. The more you use, the more power you'll get. If you were a
real man, you'd want the most power you can get. However, in your
case it dont matter and since you are a cheap son of a bitch, just use
a few drops and pay later when you got no power.

Please send your payment for this reply within 7 days. You owe me $10
per word, which comes to a total of $1243.56 plus a fixed shipping and
handling fee of $1000. I will expect your payment in full in the
amount of $2698.59 no later than July 16, 2007. Send payment to

Jerold M. Smith
3022 W. Smartass St.
Sex Fever, AS 09224

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clean or replace the plug and get yourself a little can
of dyno 2 cycle oil and mix the right ratio. Run it through
and see what happens. My guess is that you used a
tired old motor and beat it up good when running it on
that mountain bike.

On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, JohnJohn wrote:
I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Posted to alt.home.repair

JohnJohn wrote:
I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

I usually use a dollop (sometimes two) of oil for every whatever I put in
the tank.

Your milage may vary.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:10:53 -0700, JohnJohn wrote:

I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Synthetic oil is a 100:1 mix and I use it that way in everything of mine
that calls for a 15:1 to 50:1 mix with normal organic oils.

The Saber Professional is intended to be used as 100:1, however I
suggest and recommend you replace the spark plug with a new one after
the first fifteen minute of running with any Amsoil 2 Cycle Oils.