Posted to alt.home.repair
rhiebert rhiebert is offline

Default 2 Cycle engine oil ratio

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:10:53 -0700, JohnJohn wrote:

I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Synthetic oil is a 100:1 mix and I use it that way in everything of mine
that calls for a 15:1 to 50:1 mix with normal organic oils.

The Saber Professional is intended to be used as 100:1, however I
suggest and recommend you replace the spark plug with a new one after
the first fifteen minute of running with any Amsoil 2 Cycle Oils.