Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tksirius@gmail.com is offline

Default 2 Cycle engine oil ratio

Clean or replace the plug and get yourself a little can
of dyno 2 cycle oil and mix the right ratio. Run it through
and see what happens. My guess is that you used a
tired old motor and beat it up good when running it on
that mountain bike.

On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, JohnJohn wrote:
I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle
Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2
cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start
and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas
engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a
gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber
Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1
for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed
in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's
recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!