Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NOS Schlage locksets

Trying to match some early 1960s Schlage interior locksets. IIRC, 'medalist'
was the model series, but I could be imagining that. Need 5 or six privacy
latches and 2 or 3 passage latches, in bright brass. This style was around
at least untill 1966 or so, and also available in chrome and brush aluminum.
The house is in another city, so I can't post a picture anywhere. Knob is
shaped like a tapered cylinder, with a cupped face, and a pronouced bevel on
the room side of the cylinder. Google was no help on an image.

Anybody out there know of a source for NOS from a forgotten warehouse
somewhere?

(Yeah, I know, knobs are cheap, and I should probably just switch them all
out. But I like the style.)

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:50:06 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

Trying to match some early 1960s Schlage interior locksets. IIRC, 'medalist'
was the model series, but I could be imagining that. Need 5 or six privacy
latches and 2 or 3 passage latches, in bright brass. This style was around
at least untill 1966 or so, and also available in chrome and brush aluminum.
The house is in another city, so I can't post a picture anywhere. Knob is
shaped like a tapered cylinder, with a cupped face, and a pronouced bevel on
the room side of the cylinder. Google was no help on an image.

Anybody out there know of a source for NOS from a forgotten warehouse
somewhere?

(Yeah, I know, knobs are cheap, and I should probably just switch them all
out. But I like the style.)

Ebay. There are also ebay imitators. Do any of them have any
substantial traffic?

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
(Yeah, I know, knobs are cheap, and I should probably just switch them all
out. But I like the style.)

Do you know how to save your favorite searches? They email you wehn
your keywords are in an ad. (and a bit more than that, but not much)
It's great.

aem sends....