Default how to fix schlage doorknobs

i have two doors that all of the sudden when locked an i am leaving the
house they will not close. the latch does not suck in to close.i have
to unlock the door then close it then lock it with the key. i took it
apart and looked at it but have no idea what i am looking for.any
helpers out there

thanks

brian

Joe Bobst

the latch does not suck in to close

Try one of the lock lubes at Ace Hardware or similar. HTH

Joe

Roger Shoaf

"Joe Bobst" wrote in message
the latch does not suck in to close

Try one of the lock lubes at Ace Hardware or similar. HTH

Joe

I will second this suggestion but only add the latch does not particularly
need special lube. I (as a locksmith) use Triflow, as it is slick, clean
and lasts a long time, but anything from WD-40 to 3inOne oil or even a few
drops of the 10W40 you use in your car should solve the problem.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

I do not recommend using WD-40 to lubricate exterior locks if you live
someplace where it gets cold.