Posted to alt.home.repair

Default driveway sealcoating?

Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for sealcoating my
drive.....12' x 140'.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 4, 7:28 am, (Mad Dog) wrote:
Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for sealcoating my
drive.....12' x 140'.....

For DIY, a good sealer may be $20/5gal can. Maybe 6 cans will do you
and job will take about 3 hours. Buy sealer and hire "Jose" and get
by for about $150 total
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 4, 7:28 am, (Mad Dog) wrote:
Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for sealcoating my
drive.....12' x 140'.....

We deal with professional asphalt companies in our business. For a big
project, they charge $.18 per square foot for sealcoating. Yours is a small
job, and would be more than that IF you can get a pro to even come out.

Remember that a professional job will include more than a DIY or off the
back of a pickup job. The "pot" for dribbling hot sealer in cracks prior to
sealing is about $10 grand. So, it's not something the average handyman has
at his disposal.

There are several ways to get this done. Professionally. DIY. Amateur.
Gypsies.

Check around because a good job can last five years under heavy use. A bad
job will be streaking all over the place in a week.

Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 4:48?pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 4, 7:28 am, (Mad Dog) wrote:
[...]

first coat on a worn surface never previously coated will take a good
bit more material since it absorbs into the asphalt.

Driveway Dry-Well, etc. ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 January 21st 07 03:33 PM
DRIVEWAY CHI-MUM Home Repair 13 May 5th 06 02:18 PM
Driveway ronnie UK diy 12 April 7th 06 02:23 PM
What's in a driveway? Tim and Steph Home Repair 5 April 18th 05 03:10 AM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM