Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foam Brushes

What's the deal with foam brushes? Is there something they work better for
than bristle brushes do, eg painting a door and you don't want to leave
brush strokes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 4, 2:12 am, "Kitep" wrote:
What's the deal with foam brushes? Is there something they work better for
than bristle brushes do, eg painting a door and you don't want to leave
brush strokes?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/700657/cheap_foam_brush/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Foam brushes are great for applying the second and third coats of
polyurethane.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kitep" wrote in message
What's the deal with foam brushes? Is there something they work better
for than bristle brushes do, eg painting a door and you don't want to
leave brush strokes?

I like the for quick jobs where you'd spend more time cleaning up than
actual painting. No, they will never be as good as a quality bristle brush,
but sometimes that is all you need.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:01:37 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Kitep" wrote in message
.. .
What's the deal with foam brushes? Is there something they work better
for than bristle brushes do, eg painting a door and you don't want to
leave brush strokes?

I like the for quick jobs where you'd spend more time cleaning up than
actual painting. No, they will never be as good as a quality bristle brush,
but sometimes that is all you need.

For really really quick jobs, sometimes I just use a newspaper rolled
into a cone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Use them for small jobs where you are using oil based paint. Use once
and throw away. Cheaper than cleaning with paint thinner that's now
about $6/gallon. Perfectly good for big jobs for the primer coat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jmagerl" wrote in message
. ..
I like them to apply stain. but only the ones with wood handles. The
plastic handled ones turn into mush when they get liquid on them.

I've never stained anything, but I'll keep this in mind for when I do.

Paint brushes Jean Home Repair 1 June 7th 06 09:47 PM
Gutter Brushes HLS Home Repair 10 January 8th 06 07:50 PM
Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam? [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 7th 05 04:15 AM
carbon brushes. Walter Craig Metalworking 8 September 27th 05 10:18 AM
Motor Brushes [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 27th 05 08:21 PM