Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exterior paint suggestion

What' brand(s) do you like? I'm looking for good hiding power and
long-lasting. Price isn't important.

Everything - siding, fascia, soffits - has been cleaned by a combination
of powerwashing and scrubbing with Simple Green and bleach where necessary.

House is in N.J., which means that the yearly temperature range is about
10F to 95F. Maximum direct sun exposure of any side is less that five
hours/day. Siding color will be in the sand/beige/taupe family.
Decorative window shutters will be forest green. Fascia and soffits will
be white.

Thanks.

Ray

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ray K" wrote in message
What' brand(s) do you like? I'm looking for good hiding power and
long-lasting. Price isn't important.

Everything - siding, fascia, soffits - has been cleaned by a combination
of powerwashing and scrubbing with Simple Green and bleach where
necessary.

House is in N.J., which means that the yearly temperature range is about
10F to 95F. Maximum direct sun exposure of any side is less that five
hours/day. Siding color will be in the sand/beige/taupe family. Decorative
window shutters will be forest green. Fascia and soffits will be white.

Thanks.

Ray

Devoe and Martin-Senour are the best paints I've ever used. You'll need to
find a hardware or paint specialty store that carries them. I don't recall
ever seeing them at the big home improvement stores. The quality is
fabulous.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 9:43 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Ray K" wrote in message

[...]

After power washing(2 day dry) My place I added 1 packet per gal of
mold/mildew resistor to Sherwin Williams satin ext Superpaint. I think
SW said it was acrylic and would expand/contract with temp changes.
Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

oups.com...
"Ray K" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not clear about how this relates to my brand suggestion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ray K" wrote in message
What' brand(s) do you like? I'm looking for good hiding power and
long-lasting. Price isn't important.

Everything - siding, fascia, soffits - has been cleaned by a combination
of powerwashing and scrubbing with Simple Green and bleach where
necessary.

House is in N.J., which means that the yearly temperature range is about
10F to 95F. Maximum direct sun exposure of any side is less that five
hours/day. Siding color will be in the sand/beige/taupe family. Decorative
window shutters will be forest green. Fascia and soffits will be white.

Thanks.

Ray

I painted last year with California brand, because it was rated the highest
by Consumer Reports, at least at that time. I used their oil based primer
with their Freshcoat Velvet Flat for the clapboards, and their Satin Gloss
for the trim. It's pnly been a year, but it looks fabulous. It was a dream
to use, too. Best paint I've ever used. It was pricey, but worth it, if it
lasts the 10 years CR says it should. I'm in upstate NY.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gofrugal had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...on-230354-.htm
:

I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.
-------------------------------------
Ray K wrote:

What' brand(s) do you like? I'm looking for good hiding power and
long-lasting. Price isn't important.

Everything - siding, fascia, soffits - has been cleaned by a
combination
of powerwashing and scrubbing with Simple Green and bleach where
necessary.

House is in N.J., which means that the yearly temperature range is
about
10F to 95F. Maximum direct sun exposure of any side is less that five
hours/day. Siding color will be in the sand/beige/taupe family.
Decorative window shutters will be forest green. Fascia and soffits
will
be white.

Thanks.

Ray

Delivered via http://thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On 08 Dec 2007 06:30:02 GMT,
(gofrugal) wrote:

gofrugal had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...on-230354-.htm
:

I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.

My opinion of Behr is the opposite: it is a poor paint. It does not
cover well, and the colors are ugly. For the same price, I have found
that Valspar from Lowe's performs and looks far better. And for
exterior paint, I go with the real top-of-the-line brands, like
Benjamin Moore or Muralo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KLS" wrote in message
| On 08 Dec 2007 06:30:02 GMT,
| (gofrugal) wrote:
|
| gofrugal had written this in response to

http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...estion-230354-.
htm
| :
|
| I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.
|
| My opinion of Behr is the opposite: it is a poor paint. It does not
| cover well, and the colors are ugly. For the same price, I have found
| that Valspar from Lowe's performs and looks far better. And for
| exterior paint, I go with the real top-of-the-line brands, like
| Benjamin Moore or Muralo.

I had just the opposite experience - Valspar satin enamel was so difficult
to work with that I changed to Behr. The Behr satin enamel spread very
well, gets top ratings from Consumer Reports, and was well liked by the
professional painter I hired to do some doors.

As far as colors go, pretty much any paint store can match any other
brand's colors.

Jean

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 8, 8:16 am, "Jean" wrote:
"KLS" wrote in message

| On 08 Dec 2007 06:30:02 GMT, | (gofrugal) wrote:

| gofrugal had written this in response to
|http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...suggestion-230....

htm
| :
|
| I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.
|
| My opinion of Behr is the opposite: it is a poor paint. It does not
| cover well, and the colors are ugly. For the same price, I have found
| that Valspar from Lowe's performs and looks far better. And for
| exterior paint, I go with the real top-of-the-line brands, like
| Benjamin Moore or Muralo.

I had just the opposite experience - Valspar satin enamel was so difficult
to work with that I changed to Behr. The Behr satin enamel spread very
well, gets top ratings from Consumer Reports, and was well liked by the
professional painter I hired to do some doors.

As far as colors go, pretty much any paint store can match any other
brand's colors.

Jean

Benjamin Moore, Prat and Lambert and Sherwin Williams, Sherwin
Willaims has the only paint I know that bonds to dirt and is
recommended for aluminum siding, it used to be warranted for life but
alot of people were painting the metal when hot and having issues.

using exterior paint to paint interior? [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 17th 06 06:25 AM
Can you mix primer/sealer and paint (exterior house paint)? TC Home Repair 11 March 9th 06 04:47 PM
What is the best paint for exterior aezael Home Repair 8 July 7th 05 02:28 AM
exterior paint mj UK diy 1 August 25th 04 12:09 PM
can I apply exterior semi gloss directly over flat exterior paint? Bruce Millar Home Repair 7 April 14th 04 05:56 AM