Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Exterior paint suggestion

On Dec 8, 8:16 am, "Jean" wrote:
"KLS" wrote in message

| On 08 Dec 2007 06:30:02 GMT, | (gofrugal) wrote:

| gofrugal had written this in response to
|http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...suggestion-230....

htm
| :
|
| I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.
|
| My opinion of Behr is the opposite: it is a poor paint. It does not
| cover well, and the colors are ugly. For the same price, I have found
| that Valspar from Lowe's performs and looks far better. And for
| exterior paint, I go with the real top-of-the-line brands, like
| Benjamin Moore or Muralo.

I had just the opposite experience - Valspar satin enamel was so difficult
to work with that I changed to Behr. The Behr satin enamel spread very
well, gets top ratings from Consumer Reports, and was well liked by the
professional painter I hired to do some doors.

As far as colors go, pretty much any paint store can match any other
brand's colors.

Jean

Benjamin Moore, Prat and Lambert and Sherwin Williams, Sherwin
Willaims has the only paint I know that bonds to dirt and is
recommended for aluminum siding, it used to be warranted for life but
alot of people were painting the metal when hot and having issues.