Posted to alt.home.repair
Jean Jean is offline

Default Exterior paint suggestion

"KLS" wrote in message
| On 08 Dec 2007 06:30:02 GMT,
| (gofrugal) wrote:
|
| gofrugal had written this in response to

http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...estion-230354-.
htm
| :
|
| I like BEHR , it is very quality and very good price at homedepot.
|
| My opinion of Behr is the opposite: it is a poor paint. It does not
| cover well, and the colors are ugly. For the same price, I have found
| that Valspar from Lowe's performs and looks far better. And for
| exterior paint, I go with the real top-of-the-line brands, like
| Benjamin Moore or Muralo.

I had just the opposite experience - Valspar satin enamel was so difficult
to work with that I changed to Behr. The Behr satin enamel spread very
well, gets top ratings from Consumer Reports, and was well liked by the
professional painter I hired to do some doors.

As far as colors go, pretty much any paint store can match any other
brand's colors.

Jean