Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,alt.hvac,free.uk.trade.plumbing

Default Hot Water flow diminishes on startup, why?

Dear Experts,

I'm visting my parent's house.
The plumbing in their bathtub is really odd.

You turn on the hot water. You get a certain flow and
heat. As usual, I then add the cold water so it's not too hot.

Then, the hot water flow starts to diminish. The water gets colder.

When I turn off the cold water completely, I see just
a trickle of hot water! So, I will open it up some more.

After I then open up the cold water, the same thing will happen!!!

Finally, after two iterations, I have to open the faucet almost full
get a consistent flow.

This takes a minute or two to adjust when you are trying to take a
shower.

They have two faucets. One for hot, and one for cold.

What is the cause and the solution? Change the valve?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.trade.plumbing

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:16:22 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

Dear Experts,

I'm visting my parent's house.
The plumbing in their bathtub is really odd.

You turn on the hot water. You get a certain flow and
heat. As usual, I then add the cold water so it's not too hot.

Then, the hot water flow starts to diminish. The water gets colder.

When I turn off the cold water completely, I see just
a trickle of hot water! So, I will open it up some more.

After I then open up the cold water, the same thing will happen!!!

Finally, after two iterations, I have to open the faucet almost full
get a consistent flow.

This takes a minute or two to adjust when you are trying to take a
shower.

They have two faucets. One for hot, and one for cold.

What is the cause and the solution? Change the valve?

Thanks a lot!

I have no idea what is up with the see a plumber answers. We get all
kinds here, but usually they have a little more intelligence.

Did you ****ING BOTHER to notice the asshole cross-posted it
all over the ****ing place ????

Just you're doing now ????

****ing moron.

Is there a shower connected with this? If not, I will go along with
Speedy and suggest changing out the washer (assuming it is a washer type
valve). If it is a shower connected type with there may be a mixing valve
with scald protection, then that pressure/temperatures balance safety valve
thingy may be the problem.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote

Did you BOTHER to notice the asshole cross-posted it
all over the place ????

Just you're doing now ????

moron.

I don't know if it's too much caffeine, ethanol, drugs or what--but I'd
suggest you refrain from posting in this condition. Chill, please! Not
everybody is as "smart" as you. *Not* posting a reply to a message you find
silly is oftentimes better than all other options. 'Nuff said--I'm out of
this thread for good.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.trade.plumbing

Lou wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Were you born smart or did you get that way with age?
You want to see a real moron? Look in a mirror!!!

Lou
Profanity: The linguistic crutch of inarticulate people

Don't even bother trying to chastise him Lou.

An accident at birth caused his entire alimentary canal to become
reversed which explains why the poor guy says what he says. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.trade.plumbing
z z is offline

On Jun 25, 12:35 pm, wrote:

Did you ****ING BOTHER to notice the asshole cross-posted it
all over the ****ing place ????

Just you're doing now ????

Oooh, five newsgroups which might logically contain people who
understand plumbing. Gee, that's just like spamming. It's a wonder the
whole internet didn't crash.

Well, at least we've taken out alt.hvac so they can get on with their
important work, posting insulting replies to people who post questions
there.