Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y,alt.hvac,free.uk.trade.plumbing

Default Hot Water flow diminishes on startup, why?

Dear Experts,

I'm visting my parent's house.
The plumbing in their bathtub is really odd.

You turn on the hot water. You get a certain flow and
heat. As usual, I then add the cold water so it's not too hot.

Then, the hot water flow starts to diminish. The water gets colder.

When I turn off the cold water completely, I see just
a trickle of hot water! So, I will open it up some more.

After I then open up the cold water, the same thing will happen!!!

Finally, after two iterations, I have to open the faucet almost full
get a consistent flow.

This takes a minute or two to adjust when you are trying to take a
shower.

They have two faucets. One for hot, and one for cold.

What is the cause and the solution? Change the valve?

Thanks a lot!