Old July 4th 05, 10:57 PM
Roger Hayter

Default Water flow driven water pump

Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the
flow in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any
relevant components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your
thoughts. Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies
about 5000% of minimum 100mm or so.
--
Roger Hayter

Old July 4th 05, 11:18 PM
BigWallop

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the
flow in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any
relevant components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your
thoughts. Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies
about 5000% of minimum 100mm or so.

Roger Hayter

Is it possible to build a sluice for an over the top water wheel? The
stream is diverted in to the sluice so it runs over the top of a bucket
wheel. This gives loads of weight to the wheel, so it can be better used to
operate quite a powerful pump.

Old July 4th 05, 11:28 PM
raden

In message , Roger Hayter
writes
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the
flow in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any
relevant components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your
thoughts. Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever
varies about 5000% of minimum 100mm or so.

Sir might want to look at this old, but effective concept

http://journeytoforever.org/at_waterpump.html

--
geoff

Old July 4th 05, 11:58 PM
raden

In message ,
"[email protected]" writes

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the flow
in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any relevant
components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your thoughts.
Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies about 5000%
of minimum 100mm or so.

http://journeytoforever.org/at_waterpump.html

Ha !

beat you by just over a minute

--
geoff

Old July 5th 05, 12:10 AM

Is it possible to build a sluice for an over the top water wheel? The
stream is diverted in to the sluice so it runs over the top of a bucket
wheel. This gives loads of weight to the wheel, so it can be better
used to
operate quite a powerful pump.

Ram pump might be a better solution, though it depends upon flow.

http://tinyurl.com/94cqp

Old July 5th 05, 12:27 AM
Owain

Roger Hayter wrote:
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the
flow in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any
relevant components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your
thoughts. Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies
about 5000% of minimum 100mm or so.

Hydraulic ram?

Used in TPLACs for water supply.

Owain

Old July 5th 05, 12:58 AM
PC Paul

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Roger Hayter
writes
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the flow
in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any relevant
components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your thoughts.
Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies about 5000%
of minimum 100mm or so.

Sir might want to look at this old, but effective concept

http://journeytoforever.org/at_waterpump.html

Sir may also like to get some ear defenders if he uses one...

Old July 5th 05, 09:28 PM
raden

In message , PC Paul
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Roger Hayter
writes
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the flow
in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any relevant
components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your thoughts.
Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies about 5000%
of minimum 100mm or so.

Sir might want to look at this old, but effective concept

http://journeytoforever.org/at_waterpump.html

Sir may also like to get some ear defenders if he uses one...

But if it's submerged in a stream at the bottom of the garden, who cares
?

--
geoff
Old July 5th 05, 10:50 PM
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , PC Paul
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Roger Hayter
writes
Title says it all. I am looking for a submersible water pump, a few
litres an hour would do, driven by propeller/turbine working off the

flow
in the stream to pump water up a few feet. Or of course any relevant
components of this idea would be useful. Many thanks for your

thoughts.
Water wheel, unless on a raft, is no use as water lever varies about

5000%
of minimum 100mm or so.

Sir might want to look at this old, but effective concept

http://journeytoforever.org/at_waterpump.html

Sir may also like to get some ear defenders if he uses one...

But if it's submerged in a stream at the bottom of the garden, who cares?

Maxie, how can you be so cruel. What about the frogs?