Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ** URGENT ** New home buyer - furnace question

Hello, I just took possesion of my home this week. I went in the
basement, and the furnace was making a horrid high-pitch sound. It
was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was completely
full of dumb-cat air.. So I took out the airfilter (AF), and the
noise stopped.

I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size... too
long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2 inches each
side.

I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert slot.
So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I will
not be living there for another 5 days.

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:13:01 -0700, Kbalz
wrote:

Hello, I just took possesion of my home this week. I went in the
basement, and the furnace was making a horrid high-pitch sound. It
was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was completely
full of dumb-cat air.. So I took out the airfilter (AF), and the
noise stopped.

I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size... too
long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2 inches each
side.

I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert slot.
So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I will
not be living there for another 5 days.

If the system is off, is no AF ok?

yOU SOUnd like a troll, but on the off chance you're not: Yes, the
system is off.

Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

It will be ok for another 100 years, if it's off.

If it's on, it will still be ok.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:
[...]

-- full of dumb-cat hair..

Does smart cat hair look different than dumb cat hair?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 19, 3:13 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:

[...]

Does smart cat hair look different than dumb cat hair?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah smart cat hair doesn't aggravate my allergies!! And all cats are
dumb have you seen one of those, lazy and sleep all day like fat dumb
cat garfield cartoon.

At 1st reply, no troll - english not first language, and beer. Thanks
for the answer too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

With the furnace off, the missing air filter is not an issue.

If you turn the furnace back on, the missing air filter will
allow the stupid cat hair to clog the furnace and the air
conditioning evaporator. And those are expensive repairs.

I suggest call a local heating and AC company for the system
clean and check. Ask the tech to sell you a couple good air
filters for your system.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

oups.com...
:
: I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size...
too
: long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2
inches each
: side.
:
: I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert
slot.
: So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I
will
: not be living there for another 5 days.
:
: If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2
nights. I'm
: panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long
drive,
: several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:

[...]

for the answer too.- Hide quoted text -

-- Yeah smart cat hair doesn't aggravate my allergies!! And all cats
are
-- dumb..

Sorry can't resist...

If all cats are dumb, how do you know that smart cat hair doesn't
aggravate your allergies?

From a strictly logical perspective, if all cats are dumb, there can't

be any smart cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:
Hello, I just took possesion of my home this week. I went in the
basement, and the furnace was making a horrid high-pitch sound. It
was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was completely
full of dumb-cat air.. So I took out the airfilter (AF), and the
noise stopped.

I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size... too
long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2 inches each
side.

I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert slot.
So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I will
not be living there for another 5 days.

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

First, relax.

Second, think.

How could any amount of offal from smart/dumb dog/cat/human
collecting on a mechanical air filter cause the fan motor to make
noise? Could you identify an electrostatic from a mechanical filter?

Never saw any cat panicking like this. Dumb or smart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:13:01 -0700, Kbalz wrote:

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

How do people like you get through life, without knowing ****? It seems
the odds are that someone this stupid would just eventually step off the
curb in front of a bus, and not even know it.

Who ties your ****ing shoelaces for you in the mornings?

Friggin amazing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:24:14 -0500, Dan C
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:13:01 -0700, Kbalz wrote:

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

How do people like you get through life, without knowing ****? It seems
the odds are that someone this stupid would just eventually step off the
curb in front of a bus, and not even know it.

Who ties your ****ing shoelaces for you in the mornings?

Friggin amazing.

You are still here. Tell us how you do it.

Let me guess. You sit in mom's basement every day with TV and
cheetos?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:53:11 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:
[...]

I think it is the filter that is whistling because it is clogged. Air
speed though the remaining openings has increased.

I bought some cheap little accessory to make my filter whistle when it
is clogged, but because of the way the filter is mounted, I can't get
the whistle into the slot. But the principle remains the same.