Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default ** URGENT ** New home buyer - furnace question

On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:
Hello, I just took possesion of my home this week. I went in the
basement, and the furnace was making a horrid high-pitch sound. It
was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was completely
full of dumb-cat air.. So I took out the airfilter (AF), and the
noise stopped.

I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size... too
long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2 inches each
side.

I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert slot.
So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I will
not be living there for another 5 days.

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

-- It was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was
completely
-- full of dumb-cat hair..

Does smart cat hair look different than dumb cat hair?