Posted to alt.home.repair
Kbalz Kbalz is offline

Default ** URGENT ** New home buyer - furnace question

On Jun 19, 3:13 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 18, 11:13 pm, Kbalz wrote:

Hello, I just took possesion of my home this week. I went in the
basement, and the furnace was making a horrid high-pitch sound. It
was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was completely
full of dumb-cat air.. So I took out the airfilter (AF), and the
noise stopped.

I went to local store to buy new one. I bought wrong size... too
long. It fits in the AF slot, but it sticks out about 2 inches each
side.

I took out the AF, and put the metal guards back on the insert slot.
So, my furnace has no AF. My AC/heat system is list as OFF, I will
not be living there for another 5 days.

If the system is off, is no AF ok? Its been no AF for 2 nights. I'm
panic-ing that my place will burn down now lol. Its a long drive,
several hours. Will it be okay for another 48-hours? Thanks,

-- It was the air filter, a 3-month Anti-Allergy one that was
completely
-- full of dumb-cat hair..

Does smart cat hair look different than dumb cat hair?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah smart cat hair doesn't aggravate my allergies!! And all cats are
dumb have you seen one of those, lazy and sleep all day like fat dumb
cat garfield cartoon.

At 1st reply, no troll - english not first language, and beer. Thanks
for the answer too.