Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck Ledger and Siding

I am building a deck that runs the entire length of a section of my
house. The deck ledger will be attached to house ledger. My question
is whether there is a way to attach the deck ledger to the house
without removing the entire length of siding. I would like to keep
12-18" of siding on each side of the ledger to maintain the spacing of
the siding and the corners. The siding will then also extend below
the deck.

Thank you,

Patrick