DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Deck Ledger and Siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/203688-deck-ledger-siding.html)

[email protected] June 14th 07 01:37 AM

Deck Ledger and Siding

I am building a deck that runs the entire length of a section of my
house. The deck ledger will be attached to house ledger. My question
is whether there is a way to attach the deck ledger to the house
without removing the entire length of siding. I would like to keep
12-18" of siding on each side of the ledger to maintain the spacing of
the siding and the corners. The siding will then also extend below
the deck.

Thank you,

Patrick