Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maybe A Dumb Female Question?

Just wanted to get That out of the way first 8-)

You may laugh .. After my question, if you must!

Well, here goes.

I have been using this dinky electric string trimmer for far too long
and wanted to look into the gas engine types.

I always worried about them being too heavy and too hard to start.

Today, I did it, I bought one.

I purchased an Echo (GT-200R) trimmer today.

My problem is that the user manual is really Poor in describing how
this Rapid Loader Head works, how it is loaded (or more correctly ..
Stays loaded).

Reading from the manual:

"Thread new lines through outside holes in housing until ends meet in
center of recess".

I have tried this over and over but the strings/lines just slip out.

I haven't even been able to try and start the trimmer yet because the
strings/lines fall out even if I am just setting the trimmer down
lightly, let alone cranking on the rope thingy.

It doesn't seem as if there is any type of catch thingy to hold these
strings/lines in after they are inserted?

Am I missing something here?

(See, My subject line was appropriate.
You may laugh now)

Thank You

VB

Dumb question? anthony Home Repair 14 April 5th 07 04:04 PM
Really dumb question about showers. Steve UK diy 5 March 4th 06 09:32 PM
Dumb question [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 5th 05 04:18 PM
female 3.5mm to dual female RCA Pasquale Electronics 21 January 4th 05 06:27 PM
female DIN to dual female RCA Pasquale Electronics 0 December 30th 04 08:52 PM