Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

Default Really dumb question about showers.

Hi guys and Guyesses,
This is going to sound really stupid but you don't know me so you can't
point at me in the street and laugh so here goes.
We are thinking of having a shower put in over the bath so we went
looking at showers in various showrooms. 'Er indoors wants one of the
fancy thin ones that have jets coming out all over the ship and other
fancy stuff.
The last time we bought a shower was back in 96 or 97 and it involved a
white box stuck on the wall with heat and flow controls and a pipe
leading to the shower head + a pipe going to the water supply.
OK, here's the stupid question.
On these new fangled ones, where does the water get heated?

**Hides head in shame**
Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys and Guyesses,
This is going to sound really stupid but you don't know me so you can't
point at me in the street and laugh so here goes.
We are thinking of having a shower put in over the bath so we went
looking at showers in various showrooms. 'Er indoors wants one of the
fancy thin ones that have jets coming out all over the ship and other
fancy stuff.
The last time we bought a shower was back in 96 or 97 and it involved a
white box stuck on the wall with heat and flow controls and a pipe
leading to the shower head + a pipe going to the water supply.
OK, here's the stupid question.
On these new fangled ones, where does the water get heated?

**Hides head in shame**
Steve

In your boiler. If it is a combi you will have mains pressure hot and cold.
If not then you may need to consider a pump.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

John wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

In other words, the shower has to be *supplied* with hot (and cold) water -
it doesn't *produce* hot water from cold in the way that an electric shower
does.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On 4 Mar 2006 10:29:34 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Hi guys and Guyesses,
This is going to sound really stupid but you don't know me so you can't
point at me in the street and laugh so here goes.
We are thinking of having a shower put in over the bath so we went
looking at showers in various showrooms. 'Er indoors wants one of the
fancy thin ones that have jets coming out all over the ship and other
fancy stuff.
The last time we bought a shower was back in 96 or 97 and it involved a
white box stuck on the wall with heat and flow controls and a pipe
leading to the shower head + a pipe going to the water supply.
OK, here's the stupid question.
On these new fangled ones, where does the water get heated?

**Hides head in shame**
Steve

Your boiler, solar heater, or in the case of an electric power shower
the heating/pump unit.
If you go to http://groups.google.co.uk
put "uk.d-i-y" in the "Groups:" field and "shower" in the "Subject:"
field (ignoring the quotes) And read the results, you'll learn a lot
about the subject.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 18:44:40 -0000, "Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)"

John wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

This still does not beat "Why loft vents...?".

)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:49:08 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

[...]

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....t=0&scoring=d&
is the easy link
--