Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] thirtyone@aol.com is offline

Default Maybe A Dumb Female Question?

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:40:13 -0000, virginiabelle
wrote:

On Jun 11, 1:57 am, "neognomic" u34955@uwe wrote:
virginiabelle wrote:

[snip]It doesn't seem as if there is any type of catch thingy to hold these
strings/lines in after they are inserted?

Am I missing something here?

[snip]

Yes, most likely: there should be two clamps, one on each side, to hold the
lines in place.

If they are missing the equipment was not assembled properly. If you did the
assembly, oops: look in the box & try again. If you bought it assembled or
had someone assemble it for you at the place of purchase, take it back and
get another.

If someone assembled it for you, that was a low-down dirty trick to pull or
they are really very, very inexperienced at such assemblies.

..

Thank You neognomic

Here is the whole story:

Went to Home Depot and they had a couple of these lying on the shelf
with a tag saying 30% off of listed price because of return. Never
used.

I asked the girl about it and she said it was a complete unit except
that I would have to buy the strings.

She pulled the manual from an open plastic bag, (after I asked about
one) that I now suspect must have held those clips!

This darn manual doesn't even mention them or show them in a picture.

Heck, the Echo website doesn't say a word about them.

VB

Dont the Echo website show an exploded view of the parts?